Can you image the look on the face of your seamstress at your next dress fitting? She would wonder how you became the incredible shrinking bride.
It’s actually much easier than you think.
I’m not talking about invasive, costly surgery, dangerous pills or potions, or grueling routines.
All it takes is losing one pound each week. One measly pound.
Hang with me for a minute and I will break it down mathematically. A pound is 3,500 calories—spread that over 7 days and you need a 500 calorie deficit of “calories in” versus “calories out”each day to lose 1 pound in a week.
Your 500 calorie deficit can be done by a combination of increased calorie exertion (exercise) as well as a decrease in calories consumed (eating less). Well, there are lots of ways to burn calories and shed body fat, and you don’t have to concentrate on all 500 at once. So to get you started, here are 7 simple ways to cut 250 calories:
- Wake up, it’s your wedding! A jolt of caffeine in the morning is no big deal, but choose plain coffee instead of a sweetened Super Moca Latte Grande thingy. Flavored coffee drinks are delicious but filled with way-way too much sugar. Drop 250 calories (or more) when you stick with plain coffee or tea instead of syrupy mega-sugar-filled coffee drinks.
- Just say NO! to the office treats. A single slice of your co-worker’s birthday cake may seem innocent enough, besides everyone is eating them at the office meeting, why shouldn’t you? You know that cake is are packed with fat and calories. For each tempting treat that you refuse to eat, imagine the 250 calories falling off of your waistline, and smile to yourself.
- These kicks are made for… jogging. Jog for 30 minutes. Want in on a little secret? The hardest part about a simple 30 minute jog is the act of getting your shoes on and walking out the door. It’s true. You might even try to grab your fiance for some quality time and a great evening chill out from a long day at work or school.
- Hit “delete” on the soda. Exchange 20 oz of regular soda for water. You know that soda is filled with tons of sugar, so why are you still drinking it? Every time you crave an ice cold cola, picture swallowing spoonfuls of white sugar and then think about when your next dress fitting will be. Stick with water or green tea and kiss those extra calories goodbye.
- Lap it up. Swim laps for 30 minutes. If your response to my jogging suggestion was ‘I have bad knees’, or I just plain hate running, then you’re in luck. Swimming is one of the best activities you can do, and it is impact-free. When you swim you recruit your entire body, a process which requires lots of energy—AKA calories.
- An apple a day keeps the cookie away. Eat an apple instead of a cookie. Do you always go for something sweet after dinner? While your first instinct may be to reach for a cookie or a bowl of ice cream, why not consider what nature has to offer? Fruit is sweet, natural and lower in calories than traditional desserts.
- 250 calories? How about 700 or more (way more)? Try one of my Bridalicious Boot Camp workouts on DVD. I have the whole calorie-burning equation down to a science, and I’d love nothing more than to help you achieve your wedding day fitness goals. My workouts have been known to burn up to 1000 calories at a time, so what are you waiting for? Your wedding will be here before you know it.